What is IDPA?
IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) offers an action shooting sport that uses practical equipment with full charge service ammunition to solve simulated self-defense scenarios using practical handguns and holsters that are suitable for self-defense use. The main goal is to test the skill and ability of an individual.
2017 IDPA Schedule
|Sat, March 25||TCSL Monthly IDPA Match|
|Sun, March 16||IDPA SO Class|
|Sat, April 22||TCSL Monthly IDPA Match|
|Fri, May 19 - Sun, May 21||Great Lakes Regional IDPA Match|
|Sat, May 27||TCSL Monthly IDPA Match|
|Sat, June 24||TCSL Monthly IDPA Match|
|Sat, July 22||TCSL Monthly Match|
|Fri, Aug 11 - Sun, Aug 13||2017 Michigan IDPA State Match|
|Sat, Aug 26||TCSL Monthly Match|
|Sat, Sep 23||TCSL Monthly Match|
|Sat, Oct 28||TCSL Monthly Match|
2017 Season at TCSL
- New IDPA Rulebook is effective January 1, 2017!!
- New Divisions - Revolver, Concealed Carry Pistol
- TCSL offers IDPA matches every 4th Saturday (March - October)
- Start Times are 10:00 am and 1:00 pm
- Go to REGISTER link above to sign up for a squad.
- "Intro to IDPA" classes will be offered in April, June, and September (go to INTRO TO IDPA link for more information)
- Classifier sessions will be offered several times throughout the year. (Next classifier date will be in the Spring, date TBD)
- Practice sessions are weekly on Tuesday evenings, starting on May. The last practice for 2017 will be late August. Setup begins at 5PM and shooting starts at 6PM. Cost is $5 for non TCSL members - $3 for members, and $1 for action range pass holders.
Come out and try IDPA!
- New shooters and spectators are always welcome! Bring a handgun suitable for self defense, 150 rounds of ammunition, a belt-mounted holster that covers the trigger guard, concealment garment, and at least 3 magazines to join the fun.
- Tri-County IDPA serves shooters from across South-Eastern Michigan, including Ann Arbor, Saline, Ypsilanti, Milan, Manchester, and beyond.
Would you like to help or become a Safety Officer?
- The volunteers who help run and officiate these matches make all this possible! Thank you for all your help.
- We appreciate any help, or if you would like to take the next step and become a certified IDPA SO, classes are offered at various IDPA clubs in SE Michigan.
- In order to become a Safety Officer the applicant must be at least 21 years old, have shot at least 6 matches, and been a member of IDPA for at least 6 months.
The next IDPA SO classes will be at:
- Brooklyn Sportsmans Club (BSC) - Brooklyn, MI - Date TBD
- Space is limited to 10 students
- Tri-County Sportsmans League (TCSL) - Saline, MI - Date TBD
- Wayne Country Raccoon Hunter's Club (WCRHC) - Romulus, MI - Date TBD
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.